Child Protection Centre Kenya
Child Protection Centre is a place to protect children from violence, abuse, exploitation and separation from family. It is a hub of services in Child Protection, managed by the Department of Children's Services, operating in Malindi and Magarini Districts, Kilifi County.
CPC offers free services to the community:
- Child and Family counseling for parents in conflict, children under different circumstances. Counseling and monitoring are done through different sessions depending on the nature of the case of the individual.
- Legal Aid and Assistance is given to parents and children requiring help and support by the law.
- Tracing and family reunion for lost children, interviewing the child, through social inquiry, data collection, follow ups and through the help of different stakeholders involved
- Referral to other service providers like the hospital, Children Charitable Institutions and organizations offering support on child protections issues
- Library services and leisure during open days, when children come to the centre to have fun, interact and also learn about their rights